Monday, May 03, 2010

My Garden

The weather has been beautiful lately, and I have been busy planting my garden; but these days, I stick to growing things in containers on the porch.

Here is my strawberry patch; the plastic snake is to scare away the mockingbirds (at least I hope it will!) I kind of went overboard on the strawberries this year; I also planted one of those upside-down hanging planters with strawberries.
And since I do not have my beloved rose garden anymore, I have to settle for my rose scented geraniums; they smell wonderful, but they just are not the same. Maybe this fall I should go ahead and plant a rose garden here. I hope you are enjoying a beautiful spring!

5 comments:

Sharon Marie said...

Your hanging strawberries are really growing! Mine hasn't done a thing and I planted them 2 weeks ago. Maybe they're slow growers?

Ann said...

I planted mine a few weeks ago, Sharon, and the first week they didn't do very much. But in the past week it seems they have really taken off. I hope yours will, too!

Cindy said...

Wow your strawberries are looking good! We have two raised bed boxes with strawberries that we planted last year and they will have ripe berries in a couple of weeks I believe. Yummy. You don't have to replant every year do you?

Barbara

Ann said...

This is the first year I have grown strawberries here, Barbara, and I bought plants from Walmart. So I can't take any credit for them, lol! But I am happy that they have started putting out berries already.

crochethuahua said...

It's too cold here to plant anything in the ground so my husband has started all our vegetable and annual flower seeds in little cups. Our roses survived the winter and the deer!