Sunday, May 03, 2009

Elsie's Poem

I loved reading all the nice things that were said about the doilies in the Vintage Floral Doily book. One comment really caught my eye, however; Elsie actually wrote a poem about her favorite doily. Since I love poetry almost as much as I love crochet, I was quiet pleased, and I want to share it with everyone. Here is Elsie's poem about the Serene Swans doily:


The Serene Swans Doily caught my eye,

It's perfect for me, I like swans, that's why!

I visit them often in a nearby lake,

The doily is precious, and that's what I'd make....

My grandma crocheted, and it's quite a surprise,

To talk of my grandma, My hair's white I realize,

The time glides by just like the swans tell....


Beauty is fleeting, but the doilies save it well.
                                                
                                          Written by Elsie


Thank you Elsie!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

What a beautiful poem!
I did get the web analytics set up with no problems. Thanks for stopping by my blog and your comment on my shop. I will look for a group of similar crafters. (Great idea!) I am making your Granny's May Day basket for my Mom. She will love it! She used to crochet and make the prettiest doilies but now she cannot see well enough to do it.

Michelle

BarbaraCrochetStudio said...

Beautiful poem!
This is what swans and beautiful doilies are all about. :)

Barbara

crochethuahua said...

What a nice poem! I do love the swan doily. I like the water lily in the middle.

crochethuahua said...

I just received my Annie's Attic daily email and it was Top 10 Tuesday and your Vintage Floral Doilies book is one of the top 10 sellers. I can see why! I love that book.

Unknown said...

I like it!